Coronavirus Business Support
Our dedicated coronavirus business support helpline is open Monday to Friday. If you can’t find the support you need on our dedicated business pages or would just like a friendly voice to guide you through it, please give the team a call on 023 9284 1641. Don’t forget to sign up for our business e-bulletin
In Portsmouth we are passionate about helping businesses to grow and thrive. Deal with a single team who will provide information and comprehensive support, unlocking access to financial incentives and a network of skills, knowledge and assistance.
- High-quality business support with an award-winning action plan to boost the city’s start-up and survival rates.
- Access to excellent data and performance indicators, thanks to our high-quality research and information for businesses and investors.
- A property search facility, list of local commercial property agents and database of available property.
- Information on Portsmouth employment and skills, including data on recruitment, skills, apprenticeships and wage levels.
- Comprehensive support for the retail sector and provision of markets across Portsmouth.
- Help with accessing the international market.
The city is a networking hub with a host of events, training, conferences and organisations to provide support to businesses of all sizes.
- Shaping Portsmouth is an affiliation of businesses, working with Portsmouth City Council and other organisations to make Portsmouth the best city in the UK to invest, live, work and visit.
- The Business Support Bank, created by Shaping Portsmouth, can provide businesses within Portsmouth (PO1 – PO6) with free professional help and advice.
- Solent Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is is a locally-owned partnership between businesses and local authorities and plays a central role in determining local economic priorities and undertaking activities to drive economic growth and the creation of local jobs.
- Hampshire Chamber of Commerce is owned and led by its membership comprising of local business organisations of all sectors and sizes.
- Federation of Small Businesses offer their members a wide range of vital business services including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice in government.
- Lots more information can be found on the Government’s Business Support website