In Portsmouth we are passionate about helping businesses to grow and thrive. Deal with a single team who will provide information and comprehensive support, unlocking access to financial incentives and a network of skills, knowledge and assistance.
- High-quality business support with an award-winning action plan to boost the city’s start-up and survival rates.
- Access to excellent data and performance indicators, thanks to our high-quality research and information for businesses and investors.
- A property search facility, list of local commercial property agents and database of available property.
- Information on Portsmouth employment and skills, including data on recruitment, skills, apprenticeships and wage levels.
- Comprehensive support for the retail sector and provision of markets across Portsmouth.
- Help with accessing the international market.
The city is a networking hub with a host of events, training, conferences and organisations to provide support to businesses of all sizes.
- Shaping Portsmouth is an affiliation of businesses, working with Portsmouth City Council and other organisations to make Portsmouth the best city in the UK to invest, live, work and visit.
- The Business Support Bank, created by Shaping Portsmouth, can provide businesses within Portsmouth (PO1 – PO6) with free professional help and advice.
- Solent Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) is is a locally-owned partnership between businesses and local authorities and plays a central role in determining local economic priorities and undertaking activities to drive economic growth and the creation of local jobs.
- Hampshire Chamber of Commerce is owned and led by its membership comprising of local business organisations of all sectors and sizes.
- Federation of Small Businesses offer their members a wide range of vital business services including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice in government.
- Lots more information can be found on the Government’s Business Support website